For folks who have been cooped up for far too long we have some welcome news: Alde Garden is opening its doors for the remainder of the summer!
From the 10th July we’ll be delighted to welcome guests onto site for holidays and short breaks. For Mark & I, who like to be busy, it’s great news. Especially since we’ve set ourselves a tall order to be ready with some changes to the site to make it safer and more relaxing for visitors!
We’ve always believed in the importance of nature for well-being. Certainly now more than ever it will do people the world of good to get away and spend time in our nature-garden campsite. But of course, we want to keep our guests safe and for people to feel reassured that we’re doing everything we can to keep the campsite risk-free.
So the campsite & each accommodation has been undergoing a revamp to get ready for the arrival of guests.
Here’s What to Expect:
- We’re limiting the no of guests on site to ensure we stick to social distancing rules.
- We’ve built each accommodation its own covered ‘cooky nook’ from reclaimed materials. Each nook contains a gas hob & kettle for visitors’ own use.
- The main sheltered shared kitchen is now solely to be used as a washing up area.
- Our already rigorous cleaning & disinfecting routines have been ramped up so that shared surfaces are cleaned frequently.
- We’ve removed non-essential items (less to clean) and fewer shared-surfaces & items with the potential of cross-contamination between guests.
- Extra hand-washing (foot operated, no less!) & cooking facilities have been placed around the site.
- We’re asking visitors to bring along their own bedding & cooking equipment for the time being.
Enjoying Your Stay
In Suffolk we’re lucky that lots of innovative local business have started new services & options like take-away pub meals, off-licences & picnic menus. We’ll be sure to share with guests all the new exiting opportunities to enjoy themselves & support local businesses during their stay. Our on-site pub The Sweffling White Horse now has a great beer delivery/take-away service which, as ever is open to campsite guests.
We’re also delighted to announce that we’ll be extending the camping season this year to include October too. So people looking for a half-term getaway or to enjoy the last of the Autumn sunshine can do so in our enchanting nature-garden. The last day of camping this year will be Sunday 1st November. Badger Cottage is open all year round as usual.
Of course we’re absolutely raring to open the campsite & welcome regulars and newbies into the garden this month! We know there are lots of people who are desperate to unwind after a stressful few months & we’re looking forward to seeing you here. The ‘new normal’ is completely new for us too so if you have any questions to ask or suggestions ahead of your stay please don’t hesitate to drop us a message: firstname.lastname@example.org