Not quite a treehouse holiday - but pretty damn close! In the absence of any suitable trees, we decided instead to be inspired by our stay in a cute little wooden structure many years ago in New Zealand.
Called 'The Hideout' - this cosy little retreat is tucked away in a small clearing amongst the trees and shrubs almost totally hidden from sight by the rest of the garden. Perfect for two this little structure has a double mattress (you'll need to supply your own bedding for this one), two bedside tables and has a carpeted floor. Two glass panels in the roof allow a wonderful view of the nature around you - whether it be dragonflies, birds & butterflies during the daytime or bats and stars at night. Solar powered fairy lights twinkle away at night, and the mattress folds for sitting up, so you can enjoy a beer or play cards.
In keeping with our recycling ethos, lots of the Hideout is made from reclaimed materials. The base was made from decking destined for a bonfire, the windows were old secondary double glazing, the blinds used to be deck chairs and the roof is tiled with vinyl records rescued from landfill! Lots of other 'Alde Garden' touches - but we'll leave you to discover them while you're staying here! Outside the Hideout is a tiny rustic table & chairs (which also doubles as a step!) and a small clearing for sitting out.
* due to the small entrance, this structure is not suitable for those with a bad back or who find kneeling/crawling difficult;
* no bedding is provided - you will need to bring bedding (or sleeping bags) and pillows;
* the tiny size of this structure means your body heat will warm the interior nicely. It is not airtight however - think tent or small shed!
* due to the positioning of the structure amongst trees, and the fact that it's entirely made from wood, we do not allow BBQs or smoking within the Hideout area. There is an area nearby suitable for BBQs etc. NO NAKED FLAMES - candles only in closed lanterns;
* this accommodation was designed with adults in mind. No children under 16 please.
|2 nights weekend (Fri, Sat)||£95|
|3 nights weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun)||£125|
|3 nights midweek (Mon, Tue, Wed)||£95|
|4 nights midweek (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)||£125|
|7 nights commencing Mon or Fri||£200|
|for other length stays please enquire|
For every night The Hideout is occupied, we will donate £1 to The Blue Cross in Felixstowe.