IMPORTANT GUEST INFO - Please note that the following information over-rides information on the same topics elsewhere on our website.
Whilst we would like to keep things as normal and laid-back as possible, in order to keep you all safe and to comply with government guidance there have been a few changes which we would like to bring your attention to.
ARRIVAL & WHILST ON SITE
- to allow for extra cleaning, check-in time for the campsite & garden accommodation is between 4pm & 5pm. Check-in time for Badger Cottage is after 6pm
- if you have symptoms of Covid-19 (a high temperature/a new, continuous cough/a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste) or you have been in contact with someone with these symptoms please stay at home, and let us know by email
- if you or someone in your group develops any of the above symptoms whilst on site please contact us immediately on 07849 119259 and return home to self isolate as soon as possible.
- please make use of on site handwashing facilities before and after use of facilities and communal areas
- please maintain social distance with other guests, and take care to adhere to government guidance on what you can and cannot do.
- unfortunately, government guidelines state that that children must remain with you at all times – and only socialise with your own group. We know this goes against the usual Alde Garden community spirit – but for safety and to enable us to continue to offer holidays we do need to adhere to these guidelines. Sadly we can't allow guests to invite friends or family to visit them here whilst on holiday either.
WHAT WE'VE ADDED TO THE SITE
- extra handwash stations - please use these before and after using facilities and communal areas
- hand sanitisers for touch points where handwashing isn't available
- a separate cooking shelter for each of our accommodation options containing a gas hob, a kettle & washing up bowl
- social distancing measures for the toilets
- enhanced cleaning practices
- an online guest housebook to replace our 'welcome files'
- more information on local services including take away food and shopping
FACILITIES - WHAT'S CHANGED
- welcome files - for safety, our welcome file is now an online folder which you can find here
- cooking facilities - the communal stoves are currently not in use due to lack of space for social distancing in the cooking area. Now all accommodations have their own 'cooky nook' (more info here), and guests bringing their own tent will need to bring their own stoves or hire one from us.
- pots, pans, cutlery and crockery - sadly there is no way to ensure these are sanitised in between each use so we've had to remove these from the shelter & you will now need to bring your own
- our vintage bikes - we only have a handful of bikes but you are welcome to borrow from us if availabilty allows. To guarantee a bike, and for longer rides - a local bike hire centre can help
- hot water bottles, maps, books - have all been removed. If you'd like to borrow an OS map please ask
- soft furnishings in the accommodation - sanitised in between guests where possible, and where not possible (bed drapes in Barn Owl yurt for example) have had to be removed
- bedding hire in the campsite - this is no longer available & we can now only supply bedding in Badger Cottage
- communal fridge - the cross contamination risk for the shared use of this is too high, but you can still use our freezer to re-freeze your ice blocks
- the luggage barrow - sorry we've had to take this away too
- the pub - is currently closed but still offering take-outs to campers via the back door
- pizza oven/BBQs - still in action but please sanitise tools etc before and after use
- jungle shower - still in action. All accommodation now has its own freshly sanitised jungle shower bag. Tent campers please ask to borrow a jungle shower bag, or we have some for sale at £10 each
WHAT ELSE WE'RE DOING
- freshly cleaned and disinfected mattress protectors in accommodation every changeover
- we've compiled a list of local services including pub & cafe take-away food, off licence services and bike hire- it's all listed in our online welcome file
EXTRAS YOU NEED TO BRING
you might need to bring a few more bits with you than before - see our online packing list for more information
WHEN YOU CHECK OUT
please leave all doors and windows open (unless the weather persuades you otherwise) to fully ventilate the accommodation. Please let us know you are leaving - so we can get in and start cleaning as soon as possible. Changeovers are often tight so the sooner we can get started the better.
Badger Cottage guests please strip the bedding (down to, but not including the mattress protectors - which we will strip ourselves) and place in the laudry bag supplied, with all used towels. Please also stack all crockery, cutlery & glasses in the dishwasher & put on a 65 degree wash before you leave
If government enforced travel restrictions (such as further lockdown periods) mean you are unable to come for your stay, we will refund your holiday fee or postpone your stay with no admin fees. Similarly if we are unable to fulfil your holiday we will of course refund your holiday fee.
*we are no longer able to supply bedding - sorry. If you have paid for extra bedding we will refund the fee. All that will be supplied is a mattress and clean mattress protector. Bedding is still supplied for Badger Cottage